Creamy Coconut Chickpea Chai Curry
the 5 Cs 🥥✨
do you like the way I added some voice overs in with the original audio? 😆 I’m still learning and having a blast doing it!
this warming mid-week chai spiced curry 🌶🔥 is exactly what you need especially with colder weather creeping up on us. BRRRRR! ☃️
the beauty of about chai addict is that it’s unsweetened allowing our recipe creator @roses.and.ros to use it in a savoury dish ❤️. in this recipe the chai concentrate helps reduce the amount of ingredients and simultaneously enhances flavour. it’s a win-win! 🔥
– 2tsp coconut oil (any neutral-light oil will work)
– 1/2 brown onion finely diced
– 1 chilli finely diced (adjust according to taste)
– 2-3 cloves of garlic minced
– 2tbs fresh ginger minced/finely chopped
– 1 bunch of coriander, stems finely sliced (2tbs) and leaves roughly chopped
– 1 1/2tsp Garam Masala powder
– 3tsp ground Turmeric
– 3tbs Tomato paste
– 2 Tomatoes roughly chopped
– 1 Red Capsicum diced
– 1-2 Zucchini’s sliced
– 120ml chai concentrate (roughly 1/2c)
– 2 cans of Chickpeas drained
– 1 can Coconut cream (aim for >85% coconut)
– 1tbs soy sauce/tamari/light soy
– 1 1/2c veggie stock
– 1/2 lime juice (approx. 1-2tbs)
– 1-2 handfuls of spinach
To serve (optional):
– naan, flatbreads and/or rice
– lime wedges
– steamed broccolini
1. Heat a large pan over medium- high heat with the oil. Add the diced onion and cook until it begins to colour, stirring frequently(1-2 minutes).
2. Add chilli, garlic, ginger, coriander stems and spices, stir until fragrant (30ish seconds).
3. Add tomatoes, capsicum, tomato paste and chai concentrate. Stir and bring to a simmer.
4. Follow with chickpeas, coconut cream, zucchini, soy and veg stock. Stir to combine and bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer/low boil. Simmer for a minimum of 20 minutes stirring occasionally.
5. Turn off the heat and stir in coriander leaves, spinach and lime juice. Continue to stir until the spinach wilts (~30 seconds). Adjust seasonings as needed.
6. Serve in bowls with flatbreads, coriander, chilli and lime wedges. Enjoy!! ❤️
– The longer you simmer, the deeper the flavours.
– This curry is makes amazing left overs #mealpreprecipes
– If you don’t have lime juice swap for balsamic vinegar.